Trends from 2017 and 2018 alevel:
- Solving in terms of a and b.
- Solve inequality involving modulus in exact form.
- Secondary school syllabus like remainder theorem appear in N2017. R-formula appear in specimen paper.
- Using integration techniques to evaluate arc length given the formula.
- Applications of 1st order Differential equation: Motion with resistance proportional to velocity came out in N2017.
- Applications of 2nd order Differential equation: Electric circuits came out in N2018.
- Applications of integration such as arc length, surface area of revolution and centroid. Applications of integation
- Applications of 1st order DE such as motion, population growth, orthogonal trajectories, mixture problems, Torricelli’s Law, Newton’s Law of cooling. 1st order DE applications
- Applications of 2nd order DE such as vibrating springs and electric circuits Applications of 2nd order DE
- Odd/even functions, floor/ceiling functions