Mr Goh, a full-time graduate tutor with 1st class honors, provides small group tuition (max 4 students) and 1-1 tuition for h2 maths.
Have taught or currently teaching H2 maths to students from RI, HCI, VJC, DHS, CJC, NYJC, TJC, ACJC, SRJC, SAJC, IJC, YJC, JJC, AJC, MJC, TPJC.
Small group tuition (2 to 4 students)
$100 per lesson. 2 hours to 2 hours 30 mins depending on number of students.
2 students: 2 hours
3 students: 2 hours 15 mins
4 students: 2 hours 30 mins
Venue: Laguna Park (Marine Parade)
At my house Laguna Park (Marine Parade): $150 for 2 hours session. $115 for 1.5 hours session.
At student’s house (eastern location): $165 to $180 for 2 hours session.
For other locations, you can contact me at 97115909 for recommendations.
- Pay per lesson. No material fees. No lock-in period.
- As different schools teach the topics in different order in JC1, students often have to struggle to learn one topic in school and another topic at tuition simultaneously. In my tuition class, students from the same school are grouped together, so they don’t have this problem.
- Student can expect to improve by 2 grades or more within 12 lessons, if they do the assigned homework.
- Small group size of up to 4 students to ensure that every student understands the concept taught.
- Lesson duration is extended when there are more students.
- “After scoring a U grade for H2 Math in my J1 MYE, I engaged Mr Goh for tuition and improved by 5 grades to a B in my year end promos in a short span of 3 months. Thanks to Mr Goh, I was able to understand the concepts better as I was given more questions to practice on” – Claresse, TPJC
- “As I constantly failed my class tests, my school teacher told me I would fail my promo. Then, I decided to engage Mr Goh for tuition. He constantly guided me in my tutorials as I did not know how to do them and always encouraged a positive attitude towards learning. He has a systematic way of teaching, for example, if you don’t know how to do a question, he will guide you how to do it and then give you two more similar questions as homework, which really helped. After just 9 lessons, I improved from 45% (mid year) to 64% (promo)” – Yu Le, NYJC
- “After achieving a disheartening 31% in JC1 promotional exam, I engaged Mr Goh to help me prepare for my supplementary exam. In just 6 weeks, I improved tremendously and scored 66% in my supplementary exam!”-Wei Xiang, TJC
- “Before I had tuition, I was confused about vectors and finding volume using integration. Then Mr Goh gave me useful tips and various methods in solving these difficult topics of J1 math. It was very useful as I would not be able to learn such tips and tricks in school! These helped me a lot and I was able to solve my promo questions using his methods” – Wei Jing, HCI. Got A in 2015 JC1 promo.
- “I would like to recommend Mr Goh as an H2 Maths tutor for those students who require expert guidance in this subject.This subject is often underestimated by both prospective students and their parents or guardians – because it combines topics in Further Mathematics and Mathematics from the older A-level syllabus. Expert guidance in such a subject is not easy to come by in Singapore; and Mr Goh is one of the few true experts on this subject in Singapore.Mr Goh’s expertise is sensitively adapted to the learning needs of his students. He has kept himself up-to-date with all of the latest changes to the syllabus and is an expert as well in the use of the Graphing Calculator. For the purposes of scoring well in H2 Maths, students need a teacher who is an expert in the use of the Graphing Calculator – as Mr Goh is.Under his tutelage, my proficiency in H2 Mathematics has improved tremendously and I hope to continue to improve under his continued guidance.”- Ben, a Private Candidate
- “The lesson on Sequences & Series is very beneficial. You are a very patient tutor. Within a short span of time, I was able to grasp the topic which I didn’t understand in school lectures and can also start working on higher level questions on sequences and series” – Glenn, CJC, who took 1 lesson on sequence and series
- “Mr Goh helped me understand integration techniques in 1 hour, what 5 school lectures could not” – Damien, JJC
What students will get
- Understanding of key concepts
- Learn how to apply them to solve basic to challenging problems
- Learn graphing calculator techniques and tricks to quickly solve problems
- Skills set required for each topic. Sample: Functions
- Practice questions ranging from low, medium to high level of difficulty. Sample: APGP questions, APGP Solutions
- Lecture notes and tutorials from HCI, NJC and VJC.
- Alevel examiner’s report
- Promo and prelim paper with worked solutions
- Review of their strengths and weaknesses and on ways to improve
- Study tips
Thank you for considering me as your tutor