Mr Goh, a full-time graduate tutor with 1st class honors, provides small group tuition (max 4 students) and 1-1 tuition for h2 maths and further maths.
Ad-hoc tuition is for students who don’t need regular weekly tuition.
Usually students engage me for ad-hoc tuition for one of the following reasons:
- need help in challenging topics
- need revision before major math exam
- need tuition only when there are doubts to clarify
- need revision during school holidays as they did not fare well in recent exams
- learn in advance JC2 syllabus after JC1 promotion exams
Students can also join my group tuition for the challenging topics:
- Complex Numbers
- Integration techniques
- Applications of integration
- Applications of differentiation
- Sequence and Series
- Transformation of graphs
- Permutations and Combinations
- Hypothesis testing
Same as regular tuition.
- “As I constantly failed my class tests, my school teacher told me I would fail my promo. Then, I decided to engage Mr Goh for tuition. He constantly guided me in my tutorials as I did not know how to do them and always encouraged a positive attitude towards learning. He has a systematic way of teaching, for example, if you don’t know how to do a question, he will guide you how to do it and then give you two more similar questions as homework, which really helped. After just 9 lessons, I improved from 45% (mid year) to 64% (promo)” – Yu Le, NYJC
- “After achieving a disheartening 31% in JC1 promotional exam, I engaged Mr Goh to help me prepare for my supplementary exam. In just 6 weeks, I improved tremendously and scored 66% in my supplementary exam!”-Wei Xiang, TJC
- “Before I had tuition, I was confused about vectors and finding volume using integration. Then Mr Goh gave me useful tips and various methods in solving these difficult topics of J1 math. It was very useful as I would not be able to learn such tips and tricks in school! These helped me a lot and I was able to solve my promo questions using his methods” – Wei Jing, HCI. Got A in 2015 JC1 promo.
- “I would like to recommend Mr Goh as an H2 Maths tutor for those students who require expert guidance in this subject.This subject is often underestimated by both prospective students and their parents or guardians – because it combines topics in Further Mathematics and Mathematics from the older A-level syllabus. Expert guidance in such a subject is not easy to come by in Singapore; and Mr Goh is one of the few true experts on this subject in Singapore.Mr Goh’s expertise is sensitively adapted to the learning needs of his students. He has kept himself up-to-date with all of the latest changes to the syllabus and is an expert as well in the use of the Graphing Calculator. For the purposes of scoring well in H2 Maths, students need a teacher who is an expert in the use of the Graphing Calculator – as Mr Goh is.Under his tutelage, my proficiency in H2 Mathematics has improved tremendously and I hope to continue to improve under his continued guidance.”- Ben, a Private Candidate
- “The lesson on Sequences & Series is very beneficial. You are a very patient tutor. Within a short span of time, I was able to grasp the topic which I didn’t understand in school lectures and can also start working on higher level questions on sequences and series” – Glenn, CJC, who took 1 lesson on sequence and series
- “Mr Goh helped me understand integration techniques in 1 hour, what 5 school lectures could not” – Damien, JJC
Thank you for considering me as your tutor